[rescue] Looking for 13W3 F/F adapter

Jonathan Sturges jonathansturges at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 3 08:09:30 CDT 2009

> Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 22:21:39 -0500

> From: Cory Bajus
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> Subject: [rescue] Looking for 13W3 F/F adapter
>
> I'm looking for a 13W3 female/female gender changer; anyone out there
> have a spare or know where to find one at a reasonable price?  This is
> to connect a NeXTstation Color to a 13W3->VGA adapter.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Cory.

I don't have the adapter you need, but I can recommend a cable instead.  This cable:
http://www.pccables.com/cgi-bin/orders6.cgi?action=Showitem&id=ID8485360&partno=00633&search=13W3&rsite=pccables.com&rcode=
...allows you to set individual mode bits on the 13W3 side, so it can be set to work with about anything.  I use one on my SGI Indy in order to hook the Indy to my PS/2 KVM switch.  However, I just noticed the 13W3 connector on this cable is male too, so you'd still need the adapter you're seeking.  Female 13W3 cables/adapters don't seem to be very common...

good luck,
Jonathan