[rescue] Need PCI DIO (National Instruments, Sealevel, etc) card!

Curious George jorge234q at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 14:06:48 CST 2009

Hi, Bob,

--- On Wed, 1/7/09, Robert Darlington <rdarlington at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh, these things are actually very rare, and very

Yes.  I was thinking that the laptop market might have been
a bigger target (i.e., FSE's needing to service HPIB/GPIB
peripherals without lugging a desktop PC around)

> non-standard.  I have a
> Prologix GPIB <-> Ethernet converter, but this too is

!!  I can't imagine *how* they would have implemented that
other than as a tremendous (proprietary) hack!  :-/

> very non-standard (heck, it's 0% compatible with anything
> written for anything else).  It's easy to use though, heh.

Does it map the device to some simple file system form
that can be mounted?  Or, do you have some "special"
(and non-portable) software to talk to it?

--don