[rescue] XP Embedded

Fred fred at miser.misernet.net
Wed Feb 25 13:22:33 CST 2009

From:	SMTP%"rescue at sunhelp.org" 20-FEB-2009 13:53:10.83
To:	rescue at sunhelp.org
CC:
Subj:	rescue Digest, Vol 75, Issue 22

------------------------------
Message: 6
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:49:03 -0500 (EST)
From: Ethan O'Toole <ethan at 757tech.net>
To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Subject: Re: [rescue] Oh yeah ...

>Linux has followed the same path. You can trim out the extra stuff in both
>OSes.

>Check out XP Embedded for some odd stuff.

ATM's that I have worked on and supported ran XP Embedded.  Most ran just plain
XP Professional with a Sygate Firewall installed.  Why Diebold chose a consumer
OS is beyond me - save yourself some licensing costs and go Linux!  The USB
devices (the card reader, cash dispenser, depositor, receipt printer were all
USB) were always going wonky requiring a complete power down to fix.

Apologies for the /drift. :)

Fred