[rescue] Oh yeah ...

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 16:13:22 CST 2009

For those of you that are bashing XP, you should *really* take a peek at the
UNIX Hater's Handbook to remind yourselves of how things really were back in
1994, and for the most part, still are in 2009.  On one hand, I'm not saying
XP isn't bloat ware.   What I'm saying is spend the $300 and buy a better
computer that can run it!  Just because it's old doesn't mean it has no use,
but chances are it was never designed to run a "modern" OS.  At least get
off your old P1 and try something made in the last 5 years.  You don't hear
me whining that my Oak Video CGA card won't run WoW!

http://web.mit.edu/~simsong/www/ugh.pdf

-Bob