[rescue] Oh yeah ...

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Fri Feb 20 11:06:40 CST 2009

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
> "
> " []
> "
> " (It has XPSP3 now, which is painful with only 256MB RAM.  The goal is to
> " dual-boot 2KPro and either Slackware or Gentoo.  Tough to set up without
> " an optical drive.)
>
> xpsp3pro?

Yup.  I'm being freshly reminded how painful XP is, with the bling that
you can't disable and assorted management settings obfuscated and tucked
away in hard-to-find places.  Tracking down the interface settings and
setting for performance-over-shiny helps.  But there's still way too
much bloat and bling and unnecessary space-wastage in the interface.

And then I remember that Vista is WORSE.  WTF was Microsoft thinking?

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.