[rescue] More IBM emulation fun

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Wed Feb 11 10:29:56 CST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I'm not sure I'm parsing your sentence correctly.  Are you asking me how
the
> speed of Hercules on a palmtop compares with its speed on a PC?
>
> If so, the processor was a 168MHz MIPS R4000-class processor, and it was
> S-L-O-W.

My language skills are kind of broken at the moment since most
meetings I attend these days are a combination of English and
frangais.

You did answer a curiosity I had, but I had a general question for the
gang...

As far as Hercules and its speed on modern PC hardware, how does its
speed compare to contemporary mainframes?