[rescue] More IBM emulation fun

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Feb 11 02:25:32 CST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 08:06:48AM +0000, Mark Benson wrote:
> Bill, how long did the restore take from Bob Abeles's tape files? I've
> stopped it twice now because it's done the disk write in no time and
> proceeded to dump squillions of lines of interupts to the Hercules
> console. Is that right?

You can basically ignore the massive dump of lines to the console.

Once the disk write is done, you can kill Hercules (with a "quit"), restart
it, and (go through the instructions) pick up where you left off.  I seem
to remember having to do this twice, maybe three times.

(read this on one of the Hercules lists when someone else asked the same
question, but I don't have the URL handy)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas