[rescue] More IBM emulation fun

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Tue Feb 10 15:06:02 CST 2009

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> " From: "John Lengeling" <John.Lengeling at radisys.com>
>
> " People think M$ and Linux are inventing new stuff...not really.
>
> in linux especially, people are too busy reinventing 'new' stuff to
> look around and see what's been done already.

    This is why it's so critically important that folks begin to
study the history of computing.  We've already come full-circle
on many fronts, and it's rather clear on some of those that we've
learned nothing at all from those who have gone before.  Although,
it is rather fun to see some of the newbies (and their managers)
jump down the same ratholes some of us had to climb out of in years
gone by.