[rescue] Netra NFS/Enterprise 150 question

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Sun Feb 8 12:42:34 CST 2009

On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 11:54:39AM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> If you wanted ZFS, would running FreeBSD with ZFS work?  I have a vague
> recollection that ZFS on FreeBSD requires x86 (64 bit) but I'm not 100%
> sure.

FreeBSD/sparc64 does support ZFS, but a friend of mine (who is subscribed
to this list :) had a few issues with 7.0-RELEASE on an U60. It worked, but
he'd get repeatable kernel panics during large copies. I'm not sure if they
were caused by the PCI SATA controller the disks were connected to, but
either way it wasn't stable at the time he used it.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner
mj at mjturner.net      <>  http://mjturner.net/