[rescue] Netra NFS/Enterprise 150 question

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Sat Feb 7 13:17:23 CST 2009

    On Sat, 7 Feb 2009, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> 8 x 501-3136 128M for 1G.  i'm looking for a few myself, for
> this u1/200e.  i'm also looking for a creator 3d s3 fb.  and...

    Thank you.

> i've idly wondered if a u1e main system board would work in an e150,
> in place of the non-e.  anyone know?  care to make the experiment?

    The internal SCSI chain comes off the edge-connector that on a
workstation is located towards the front of the box.  This chain
supports the boot disk, the CD/ROM drive, and an optional 4mm tape
drive.  It also loops out to the external SCSI connector on the
motherboard.

    The 12-slot disk chassis is accessed via a Fast/Wide S-Bus board,
usually installed in slot 0, that loops back into the 150's chassis
with an external cable.  That's the one that's called out as a QLogic
board in my config.

    Whilst I'm curious about OpenSolaris, somehow I doubt that I really
want to go through the hoops that a bare-bones build would put me
through.