[rescue] Netra NFS/Enterprise 150 question

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Feb 6 16:14:13 CST 2009

On Feb 6, 2009, at 4:06 PM 2/6/09, Carl R. Friend wrote:

>    I've got a Netra NFS (so the badge on what is otherwise an E-150
> says) that has a temperature readout on the front panel that is
> quite obviously reading what looks like a bogus temperature (I know
> for a fact that my cell at $WORK is not >40 degress C) and I'm
> curious where the sensor is.
>
>    I suspect the issue is bad housekeeping (the thing was pretty
> well full of dust) so I'm curious where the sensor is so I can
> figure out whether I need to take the whole machine to pieces and
> apply the air to it (likely outdoors).  Readings from the various
> disks installed in the array indicate mid- to upper- 30C temps.

Good luck getting that thing to work right.  I took mine apart like a
madman and cleaned it all to hell and it still never read right.

But then I never did find an actual sensor so I think it's on the LCD
board itself or on the motherboard.

--
Mike

In the end the journey only matters if you've helped someone along
the way.