[rescue] Connecting Solaris 9 to Mac OS X OD server

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 12:29:34 CST 2009

On Feb 3, 2009, at 12:06 PM, Brooke Gravitt wrote:

> Anyone have experience getting Solaris 9 to authenticate users via Mac
> OS X Server 10.3 OD? We have an app stack that runs on Solaris 9 that
> we need to authenticate users to an OpenDirectory service running on
> 10.3 Server.  The Sun box can see the users in the directory but is
> unable to grok the password to auth them. Our Mac guy is 99% there and
> is ready to pull out his hair. Anyone?

Brooke--

Have a look at some of the LDAP stuff for connecting Solaris to
OpenLDAP.  At a first guess, I'd say either a) there's no proxy user
(Solaris proxies to the LDAP server) or b) it's an issue with the hash
type being used by the OD server, c) schema issues.

Another tactic: snoop the connect to see what's being passed over the
wire.

I had the same issue with Solaris to an odd-ball schema'd OpenLDAP--I
still haven't resolved it, as I need to make schema mods and some
other stuff has gotten in the way.

Good luck--
=Nadine=