[rescue] Rescued: MIPSco RC2030

saquinn624 saquinn624 at aol.com
Tue Dec 1 19:22:21 CST 2009

On Nov 30, 2009, at 3:30:09 PM, rescue-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:53:16 -0800
 From: Ian Finder <ian.finder at gmail.com>
To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Subject: [rescue] Rescued: MIPSco RC2030

Found it in the Uni's trash. I know it's a 16mhz r2k server. But what
should I do with it, from an archeological standpoint?

Ian Finder
224.659.4204
ian.finder at gmail.com
finder | solutions - IT on your terms
It's one of MIPS computer systems' machines. Runs MIPS RISC/os (not
the Acorn RiscOS), also known as "UMIPS", mostly BSD based. Some of
MIPS RISC/os is rumored to have found its way into SGI's 4D1/IRIX
operating system. An interesting computer system, roughly contemporary
to the early DECstations. Don't dump it, anyway, even if you don't
have RISC/os.