[rescue] SunFire V100

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Tue Sep 30 10:13:30 CDT 2008

John Lengeling wrote:
> How are SunFire V100s?   I have been offered several V100s and need to
> decide if I just get a couple of them or if I should tell them to that I
> want as may as they can give me.
>
> johnl

In my opinion they still have value.

They are low-wattage, having a max usage of 80W fully loaded with 2 IDE
drives, sized up to 120GB (137GB is the actual maximum size) each. They
are about as fast or faster than the early Netra T1/440Mhz despite
having less cache, due to higher clock speed and better memory
bandwidth.  The RAM is easy enough to get also.

If you can get a bunch cheap or free, I could definitely take some of
them off your hands.

--Patrick