[rescue] needed: u1 NVRAM chip

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Sep 24 17:38:56 CDT 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, Carl R. Friend wrote:

>   Bill, don't feel bad -- your U1 is a positive baby compared to
> what I have to keep running.  We've got an SS-10 from the Jurassic
> Era that runs a license-manager, including licenses that we can't
> get re-cut because the original vendor no longer exists.

I had that same problem at $ork.  There is, however, a neat little tool
you can run that dumps a new hostid into /dev/kmem, and it even works on
Solaris 10.  I retired a couple of SPARCstation 2 (!!) systems in 2006 and
replaced them with V210s.

I've forgotten the specifics, but I could probably look them up, if you
want.

--
Jonathan Patschke | "There is more to life than increasing its speed."
Elgin, TX         |                                   --Mahatma Gandhi