[rescue] needed: u1 NVRAM chip

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Wed Sep 24 12:15:37 CDT 2008

>>> Sounds like it's time for you to stop waving the magic wand and
>>> making things happen.  Seriously, we've all been in situations like
>>> this.  The company needs to realize that sometimes you've just got
>>> to spend money to get things working.

Oh, but they are.  They're spending money on Bill. :)

>> Yes.  When stuff like this happens, I usually end up waving the
>> magic wand again, getting it working, and then telling them "You
>> need to move this function to a newer machine, otherwise the next
>> time this happens I'm not going to touch it."

So, what you're saying here is that it would be a favour to you for us
to _not_ come up with a suitable NVRAM? :-)

> IT people are not hardware warehouses to be plundered at need.  And I
> see it being detrimental in MOST cases.

Heh.  I've largely stopped volunteering my own hardware for work uses,
for very much this reason (though I still do occasionally, mostly in
cases where I think there's no real chance work will end up wanting to
hang onto it).

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org