[rescue] needed: u1 NVRAM chip

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Tue Sep 23 21:43:47 CDT 2008

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Bill Bradford wrote:
>> The AVR Butterfly header pins job was only a month and a half after the
>> "Learn to Solder" kit - lots of practice and better equipment made a BIG
>> difference (I picked up a Weller WTCPT off eBay).
>
> I'm told the really sweet gear to have is the Metcal.  I may see if I
> can find one I can afford next time I need to replace mine.

Metcal is great.  Dave McGuire swears by it and Hakko.  I bought a Hakko
936 off E-Bay for about $89 and it was the best I've ever spent for a
soldering station/iron.

I also found a good Hakko 850 clone desoldering station for the same price.

--
Mike Hebel

In the end the journey only matters if you've helped someone along the way.