[rescue] needed: u1 NVRAM chip

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Sep 23 21:31:18 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:13:38PM +0000, 256 at scud.ca wrote:
> Needs soldering skills. Ha. A.

I think I qualify. 8-)

What I consider my best soldering job so far:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/39707260/in/set-784154/

The header pins on the bottom two rows and on the right hand side.
I'm no SMT guru, but I'm decent.

A couple of my other projects:

Ten-Ten 1253 shortwave receiver:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/sets/934417/

Southern Cross 1 Z80 SBC:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/sets/739140/

Replica-1 Apple I Clone: (this was the most fun)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/sets/1031279/

My very first (horrible) soldering job with a "Learn to Solder" kit:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/sets/693178/

The AVR Butterfly header pins job was only a month and a half after the
"Learn to Solder" kit - lots of practice and better equipment made a BIG
difference (I picked up a Weller WTCPT off eBay).

I've got a P112 Z80-based SBC kit sitting here waiting for me to find the
time to build it.  I *really* want to build one of the Altair 8800
recreations but don't have the time OR the money for it.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas