[rescue] needed: u1 NVRAM chip

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Tue Sep 23 17:19:49 CDT 2008

And a dremel.  And the desire to risk killing the chip.  And the desire
to get covered in tiny black crappy plastic dust that is bad to breath
and is a pain wash off.

I can see why he wants to get a chip off of someone.  Bill - if you
don't come up with someone else I might be able to sacrifice one of my
U1s to get you the chip.  Problem is I tend to ship slowly...

256 at scud.ca wrote:
> Needs soldering skills. Ha. A.
>
> On 23 Sep 2008, at 22:56, "der Mouse" <mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG>
> wrote:
>
>>> Anybody have an otherwise-junk U1 they can steal a nvram chip from
>>> and send to me?  We've got a license server here with a dead battery
>>> in its NVRAM/IDPROM chip, and I need to find another chip so that I
>>> can reprogram the correct data in...
>> Doing the "add an external battery" trick isn't an option here?
>>
>> /~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
>> \ / Ribbon Campaign
>> X  Against HTML                mouse at rodents-montreal.org
>> / \ Email!           7D C8 61 52 5D E7 2D 39  4E F1 31 3E E8 B3 27 4B

Mike Hebel

In the end the journey only matters if you've helped someone along the way.