[rescue] Another Job Post

Jonathan Katz jon at jonworld.com
Thu Sep 4 17:21:42 CDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 06:09:48PM -0400, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> > Splunk and Logger aren't really comparable products. Splunk really
> compares
> > to ESM and Logger to LogLogic. However, you can use Logger to do some
> > splunk-like lower-level analysis and produce pretty graphs.
>
> I'm actually just looking for something that will capture syslog, and then
> let me do database-like searches on it if needed.  What do you recommend?

Logger is the best in the business, IMHO. Yeah, I work for the company but
I'm very excited about our products and they can do.

You pump your logs into it, it parses them, and then it will also hyperlink
terms/phrases/IP addresses, etc, so you can then click on those to drill
down further into your current search, etc. There are also basic reporting
capabilities. Plus, you can set it up as a syslog server on its own and just
tell everything to send syslog messages to it.