[rescue] Sun Postscript Mouse Pad

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 19:01:16 CDT 2008

Sun Type-4 optical mouse specs (200dpi):
http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/validateUser.do?printFriendly=no&target=Systems/Sun4/INPUT_Type4_Optical_Mouse

Sun Type-5 optical mouse specs (300dpi):
http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/validateUser.do?target=Systems/Sun4/INPUT_Type5_Optical_Mouse

I can't find specs on the mechanical variant, but the ones I've used in that
era had 2000 line rotary encoders (this translates into around 700dpi).  I
don't know if Sun used the same encoders or not.  I also used cheap junk
that used about about 50-100 lines / revolution encoders.  My current
Logitech mouse has 2000 dpi resolution.

Note, I'm using dpi and cpi interchangeably here for better or for worse.