[rescue] SGI Indigo2 & IRIX 6.5

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 18:08:30 CST 2008

Wish I wasn't in Seattle. Maybe I can get my ex to hold it for me...
She lives around there. I'm *suuuure* she'd love to.....

On Nov 29, 2008, at 3:36 PM, Greg Nesbitt <gnesbitt-
lists at sapphyre.org> wrote:

> The box will run Linux using some unofficial patches floating around
> for the kernel & gcc, but it's really meant to be an IRIX machine.

Anyone thinking of running a common, hackish, OS instead of the
amazingly wonderful, snappy, well-optimized and all-around cool Irix
on a vintage SGI deserves to be drawn and quartered.

That's what dime-a-dozen x86s are for.

Cheers,

-I