[rescue] hp-ux

Andrew Gaylard ag at computer.org
Mon Nov 3 12:58:14 CST 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 8:34 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net> wrote:
> Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski wrote:
>
> Eh.  That's a relatively minor issue at this point.  A bigger problem is
> the shortage of environment space.  To successfully bootstrap gcc on
> HP/UX 10.20, for example, you have to strip literally every
> non-essential byte out of your environment before you start the build,
> and you still need to do the build in a top-level directory to keep
> paths as short as possible.

ISTR there was a kernel setting which increased the space...?
ncargs, perhaps?  Or is that the argument space?

(But it's been 5 years, and there've been plenty of traffic through the router).

Dig around in sam's kernel settings; I'm sure it's there.  I certainly never
had to take short cuts building gcc (up to 3.4.x, anyway).

Andrew