[rescue] Ultra 60 memory

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Mar 10 12:59:56 CDT 2008

" From: "Curtis H. Wilbar Jr." <rescue at hawkmountain.net>
"
" What OS (Solaris in particular) would be fastest on the U60 hardware.
" It is running 8 now... but I know I get memory leak issues in the X
" server (which clear up some when firefox is killed and restarted... so
" not entirely the X server's fault).  Plus I'm not anywhere near up to
" date on patches (can they be had for free anymore these days) ?

yes they are, though you need a sunsolve account [free ones work] and
wget, to use secure http.  they have a couple of docs at sunsolve, but
what they don't tell you doesn't work - at least for me - is the
domain name for sunsolve.  i can only get access if i use the ip
address.  some sun tech folks were very helpful in uncovering this,
but not explaining it.

search sunsolve for getsolpatch.sh.
http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-9-83061-1
http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-9-82023-1