[rescue] Needed: one Sun 420R memory riser card

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Mar 3 13:57:39 CST 2008

Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> A few months after I sold the two that I had, it looks like I should
> have kept one. :(
>
> Would anyone let me know if they have one laying around they don't need,
> before I go off to ebay to find one?  I'm not sure if the machine works
> or not yet, so I don't want to spend a whole lot on parts...

I have a spare mainboard with riser card that i got when i thought mine
was bad, but i just searched ebay, it looks like you can get them for
$20 including shipping from a few places, and i probably would not get
around to shipping it to you before the weekend because i am busy/lazy.
That is, unless you have some reason for coming up to South Bend this
week anyway, in which case we could test any number of parts with my
420r.  Maybe I'd even get motivated enough to load an OS on mine and do
something useful with it...

    -Dan Sikorski