[rescue] Q: regarding ES40 video

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Thu Jun 12 03:46:20 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 09:10:49AM +0200, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
> > Would a retail (non-HP/Compaq) Radeon 7500 work?
> SRM emulates a x86 BIOS to initialize VGA cards. If you happen to get a
> card with the exact chipset that was used by DEC / Comcrap / HP I
> expect it to work.

I think Jochen is on the money on this one. According to an OpenVMS-using
friend of mine, a regular 7500 should work and be supported by OpenVMS. I'm
not sure about Tru64 though.

There are also various Elsa cards that provide decent video (and that are
supported by OpenVMS and/or Tru64), but they can be quite difficult to get
hold of (and expensive).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner