[rescue] RS/6000 7012 370

Halford Johnson halfordjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 12:05:04 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Patrick Finnegan <pat at computer-refuge.org>
wrote:

> Does it stop on a code?  If so, what are the last two digits?

Yeah it stops on  *62     I banged on the LCD a couple times and got the
first digit to display partially, I have attached a diagram of what that
digit displays

Say this is what the digit display should look like with everything lit up:

____
|     |
-------
|___|

this is what displays in front of the 62:

_____

(for those of you without fixed-width fonts, that is the top bar and the
uppermost right side bar, I am guess 262)

this is without a serial cable or monitor hooked up.

With a monitor and keyboard connected, I get *60, but I can see just the
uppermost right side bar lit up, so I am guessing it is 160.  I get no
output on the monitor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Hal Johnson