[rescue] Closet cleaning of sorts, 8 core Opteron, FC disks, iMac, T61

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 22:51:18 CDT 2008

At cost closet cleaning:

I recently was able to obtain some space in a datacenter. I do not
need my own server taking up space in my apartment anymore. I am
willing to sell what I have purchased for this project here for
exactly the price I paid for it. I got good deals on most of these
items. If no takers, it will go on eBay where I will attempt to eek
out some profit for my time. As such, please do not offer lower prices
than I am asking. This stuff is not cheap, but it is relatively recent
and powerful. The eight core Opteron box is quite fast. Local pickup
is welcomed at zip code 21619, and I will ship at cost of shipping and
packaging materials.

1. Uniwide 3346ES 3U Rackmount Server (no rails)4x Opteron 880
20GB RAM (PC2100)
2x Seagate Cheetah 15.4K U320 Hard Drives
6 hot swap bays - 6 caddies included (2 used by the Seagates)

I paid $996 for the server alone. I then spent $392 on 16GB of RAM
(8x2GB) to reach 20GB total.

Price for the above is therefore $1388.

2. 5x Seagate ST3146954FC 4GB/s Fiber Drives

These are brand new, but certified refurbished by Seagate. They have
the green label and are genuine. They were sold by Seagate to IBM as
spares. These are not white label drives, are are equivalant to new
units.

$90/ea.

3. Compaq DS2405 Array

Does not have caddies, just blanks. Takes the DS2100/2300 caddies.
Paid $229 for this. Open to $175.

4. Thinkpad T61

I buy a new laptop every 4 months or so, and keep them in good
condition to sell:
4 months old, balance of 3 year depot warranty
original box, materials
1 mo old keyboard and touchpad (keys get shiny, I call Lenovo and
complain, they send new ones)
1GB RAM
80GB 5400RPM
T7250 Dual Core
15.4 WSXGA+ Widescreen exc. condition no scratches
XP Preload, Vista COA
$750

5. Apple Imac 15" G4 1.25GHz, 1GB RAM, no hdd/no CD
Scratch on screen, university imprint on back of case
$225.

6. Xeon Matched pair - 3200DP 2M 533/1.525 SL7AE Cost Rica w/
heatsinks (poweredge 2650) - $250

7. For fun, hey maybe someone is interested:
Marantz 16 vintage amp, needs TLC, no glass, but works and sounds nice - $150
McIntosh MC427 car amp, good condition - $325
Focal 5WS BNIB - $125
Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2s 195/55/15 - winter tires for car I traded
in, one season, few miles, perfect, 7-8/32nds, tirerack receipt for
$400+, $200.