[rescue] WTB: a small rack

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 3 21:50:06 CDT 2008

>From: Halford Johnson <halfordjohnson at gmail.com>
>Date: 2008/06/03 Tue PM 10:02:10 EDT
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>Subject: [rescue] WTB: a small rack

>Hi guys,
>
>I am new to the list.  I have recently acquired some rackmount gear and I am
>looking for a "mini" rack. like 8U to 20U somewhere in there.  I've found a
>couple of cheap 12U racks, but they are simply a metal square and I wouldn't
>feel comfortable with them holding serious weight.  I was hoping maybe
>someone on this list had a small rack, preferably one that has a front door
>on it?  Let me know about any small racks you may have regardless, I really
>need something asap.

Hal,

Posts like this *really* need to include your location, as shipping can get silly fast...

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a nice rack (my current rack is too shallow, any  it won't take any of my Dell/Sun rack rails...

I'm in Central NJ, if anyone has any leads... I heard about a dealer in MD that has some, but he sells to "real" customers, so while his inventory is great, his prices are too retail for me.

I don't have a link for the seller in MD. The Racksolutions.com site mentioned earlier has some nice racks for "list" prices...

Lionel