[rescue] 4x300 Origin 2000, E150, E420R in Santa Barbara

Brendan Shanks bkshanks at engineering.ucsb.edu
Thu Jul 31 17:01:12 CDT 2008

On 9:38 am 07/31/08 Brendan Shanks <bkshanks at engineering.ucsb.edu> wrote:
> UCSB surplus has some nice machines lately:

Forgot to mention that surplus is open on Tues and Thurs, and all that
stuff is still on sale. Some blurry pictures are here:
<http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16718540>

> * 2 Ultra 80s, and a couple lunchbox LXs

Tried out the Ultra 80s today, and they both work, although one kernel
panic'ed at boot. They are both dual-450s, with Solaris 8, 1GB of RAM, and
PGX32 graphics. Seems low end, although we could upgrade them by plundering
other Suns in the warehouse: Creator3D out of an Ultra 60; extra
processors, RAM out of the E420Rs; and hard drives from anywhere.