[rescue] Sun 21" true flat monitor woes (continued)

rescue at hawkmountain.net rescue at hawkmountain.net
Thu Jul 31 10:37:09 CDT 2008

> Hi,
>
>> There was a discussion on 21" CRTs a while back where I
>> mentioned
>> the odd bzzt and bluring of my 21" Sun CRT.  It has
>> never happened
>> again... however, one thing the monitor has now is an
>> inability to have true blacks.
>
> Yes.  The brightness goes wonky.
>
> Which model?  I have schematics for some of these...

I'd have to look that up... but it is 21" true flat, with dual
input (1/2 switch on front).  I have another 21" that is
'semi' flat (flat one way, curve the other) with the same features...
it's black level is great.

Is this likely a cap ?

While I have fixed arcade games... it is a painstaking timeconsuming
process... and their circuitry is simpler.  And now beeing a dad vs
the last time I spent hours on arcade game repair... I have far less
time now...

If I could easily rescue this monitor, it is a wonderful monitor and
would love to save it.

-- Curt