[rescue] Fwd: Alpha DS20s and associated external storage available

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Thu Jul 31 09:25:40 CDT 2008

Hi

Thought this may be of interest to some.

ObDisclaimer: I'm not afiliated with the OP and he OKd me posting this to
rescue.

-mj

----- Forwarded message from "Lee Courtney (ACM)" <lee_courtney at acm.org> -----

From: "Lee Courtney (ACM)" <lee_courtney at acm.org>
To: port-alpha at NetBSD.org
Subject: Alpha DS20s and associated external storage available
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:10:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

Several Compaq DS20 servers are available for free in the San Jose/Silicon
Valley California area. There is also a LARGE amount of external associated
disc drives available.

> I have a number DS20s (~16) plus
> DEC storage arrays with 9GB drives (total > 1TB).
> Free for
> pickup in San Jose (ie you come by my storage unit and haul
> off what
> you want...sorry no shipping and no delivery).  Any of it
> that's left
> after 8/23 will be scrapped.
>
> They were pulled working years ago, but they've been
> moved a couple of
> times so I don't know the actual operating condition.
> I also don't
> know what's in 'em (except that they're pretty
> max'd out) so don't ask
> about specific configs.

All are rack mount form-factor. No front bezels.

Note: LOCAL San Jose CA area pickup only before 8/23. No shipping, no
delivery, no holding for future pickup - sorry. First-come, first served.

Please contact me off list if interested. If the community could use these
that would be great.

Cheers,

Lee Courtney

----- End forwarded message -----