[rescue] [Semi-OT] 700MHz Xeons in a Proliant 6400R?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jul 30 16:05:31 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:43:30PM +0200, Marc Gutschner wrote:
> Well, I had this E4K that started out with a single CPU board, dual 167
> MHz processors and 256MB RAM. Over the last 2 years I picked up parts
> here and there and finally arrived at 5 CPU boards with 10 CPUs @ 250MHz
> and 6 Gig of RAM. It was a really nice lab system for doing some Oracle
> Application Server development I needed for a larger project.

I had a SS1000 stored on its side up against a wall when I lived in Austin.
When I went to drag it out so I could pile it with other stuff to move, I
discovered that the cats had been sleeping on top of it, and had both puked
and pissed into it, down through the vents on the side.

I hauled it directly out to the dumpster outside and tossed the entire
thing.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford