[rescue] [Semi-OT] 700MHz Xeons in a Proliant 6400R?

Marc Gutschner Marc.Gutschner at GMX.DE
Tue Jul 29 05:07:39 CDT 2008

Hi!

Forgive me if this is more than Semi-OT but after my SO's cat literally
p***ed my E4k to a painful death, I need another SMP toy to play with.
So, I have this noisy and heavy Proliant 6400R lying around that
currently features a quadriga of 500 MHz P3-Xeons and a stack of 700 MHz
P3-Xeons in the cupboard.

Does anyone out there happen to know if a 6400R can be convinced to
accept the "not officially supported" 700 MHz CPUs by twiddeling with
some switches?

MTIA,
Marc