[rescue] SGI Mounting Hardware

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Jul 22 00:22:54 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 12:15:46AM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> Someone has a very amusing way of moving IRIX CDs.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300242326944
>
> I wouldn't have thought that SGI would care so much about people selling
> copies of the OS they stopped developing eight years ago for a platform
> that they spent half a decade trying their damnedest to kill.

	"Please don't ask me to Buy It Now"

	"Buy It Now price: 	C $75.99"

"To use this screw you may need to up grade your system to 6.5.29 ;-)
that is why I am giving you the set."

"So with the purchase of the very special SGI SCREW, you will receive
free the CDs listed below."

Note that he is selling a SCREW, not a set of CD's. The CD's come free
with the screw. You can read whatever you want into that.

Geoff.