[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 68, Issue 12

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri Jul 11 07:53:00 CDT 2008

" From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net>
"
" >From: Sandwich Maker <adh at an.bradford.ma.us>
"
" >" From: Andrew Jones <ascii.letter at gmail.com>
" >"
" >" XENIX was a Microsoft port of SysV to early PCs. At some point in the
" >" 80s, it was transferred to SCO. I don't know what SCO's business was
" >" before XENIX, because XENIX (AKA SCO UNIX, AKA OpenServer) became their
" >" most important product. XENIX is notable in my mind for being one of the
" >" few operating systems to support 286 protected mode.
" >
" >i've always thought that sco -was- the ms xenix group, spun off.
" >makes it all the odder they now own att unix.  talk about the tail
" >wagging the dog...
"
" Novell owns AT&T Unix, SCO bought some rights, but not "Unix" - that
" is what has/will bring SCO down in their current litigation...

who owns the former att workerbees in summit nj?  weren't they one of
the things sold to sco?

" Novell wants it's share of the revenue SCO obtained illegally selling
" source licenses it didn't own the right to sell...

this is good to hear.  otoh amazing sco's corporate lawyers could be
so inept.