[rescue] Terminals for 3B2/310

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Jul 9 14:16:22 CDT 2008

" From: Barry Skidmore <skidmore at edatalink.org>
"
" I might be acquiring an AT&T 3B2/310 soon and am wondering what
" terminals are compatible with it.  I have a VT-320 and 420 that I use
" with some vintage DEC machines.  If these will work, what about the
" cable connector compatibility; the type with the offset tab?

any serial terminal will work; signals are an rs232 subset.  the
serial ports are rj45s with centered tabs just like ethernet; pinout
is per att 'premises distribution system' except mirrored - maybe they
assumed you'd use crossover cables?  i think there's actually a spec
for it.

alas, they did not arrange the pinout so that a crossover cable makes
a null modem.