[rescue] 3b1/7300/unixpc/s4 history [was: Wanted - 3B2]

Steven M Jones smj+rescue at crash.com
Wed Jul 9 13:38:39 CDT 2008

Wow, nice to see all this activity. I really enjoyed seeing a 7300
running Microsoft Word, and MS Word documentation in a classic AT&T
binder, at the VCF in Mountain View.

I've got a 7300/3b1 I haven't unpacked yet, complete with
shrinking-wrapped system software box and doc set. The media kit just
has a "Version 3.51" sticker on it.  The label on the bottom of the box
reads:

    COMCODE 105360309
    SFTW R UNIX SYSTEM SW 3.51
    LOT #P72083

The Copyright date on the package is 1985 - is any of this enough to
determine which 3.51 variant it is? I'm not pulling the machine out
soon, and so am unlikely to remove the shrinkwrap...

--Steve.