[rescue] Wanted - 3B2

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Jul 8 08:17:18 CDT 2008

" From: Steve Hatle <shatle at nfldinet.com>
"
" On 7/7/08 4:35 PM, "Sandwich Maker"  wrote:
"
"
" >
" > dmd-replacement mtg 630/730 could be had with white, amber, or green
" > tubes.  all ours were amber so i don't know how the green phosphor
" > compared to the 5620.  and btw the only difference between the 630
" > and 730 is firmware.
" >
" > * i first learned about networking hooking our 3b1s together with our
" > 3b2/400s with starlan-1 -- remember that?
"
" I have a 630 as a console for my 3B2, but I liked the DMD for the "full
" screen" size, the windowing software, and the funky mouse :-)

i had a lab full of 630s and they all had that red 'ladybug' mouse.
iirc it was available at least early on as alternate to the 'normal'
mouse.

at that time, my desk sported a 630 with optional rs232 printer port,
which served as console for -three- lab 3b2s.

ah, the good old days.  that was my first job with sysadm officially
part of my duties.

there's a paper in the bell labs technical library [if it still
exists] with my name on it, describing the setup i had in that lab.