[rescue] Wanted - 3B2

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Jul 7 16:35:23 CDT 2008

" From: Steve Hatle <shatle at nfldinet.com>
"
" On 7/7/08 3:57 PM, "John Lengeling"  wrote:
"
" []
"
" 3B1's were kind of funky/cool, but I never really warmed up to the ones I
" had to deal with.

we had several around the labs*, and as a result one was my first home
unix machine.  the 3b1/7300/unixpc/s4 was made by convergent and was
actually a convergent miniframe crunched down to desktop size.

" BTW, if anyone has a Blit or DMD 5620 for the 3B2 series, let me know. I
" miss that persistent green phosphor...

dmd-replacement mtg 630/730 could be had with white, amber, or green
tubes.  all ours were amber so i don't know how the green phosphor
compared to the 5620.  and btw the only difference between the 630
and 730 is firmware.

* i first learned about networking hooking our 3b1s together with our
3b2/400s with starlan-1 -- remember that?