[rescue] Feedback on Sun 24" LCD?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Jul 7 13:27:30 CDT 2008

Joshua Boyd wrote:
> How many 10 year old CRTs are still bright, crisp, and clear?  And how
> many of them support 1920x1200?
>
> I've been having a hard time with CRTs recently.  I recently got a 3
> year old Sony 21" tube.  It had color issues, and it was blurry.  I
> replaced it with a 5 year old Samsung 19" LCD.  Despite the color
> issues, the CRT probably did better with color than the LCD does
> (haven't tried putting them side by side), but the CRT was too hard on
> my eyes.

Four of five years ago, over a short period of time I went from looking
at CRT's all day long to not looking at them at all.  (I replaced a CRT
TV with DLP, and CRT computer monitors with LCD.)  A few months later, I
realized that my eyes were no longer tired at the end of the day as they
had always been in the past.  For me it was a big difference, and for
that reason alone, i would sacrifice a little bit of color accuracy for
my everyday tasks (none of which are very sensitive to color accuracy)
to use an LCD instead of a CRT.

    -Dan Sikorski