[rescue] Sun Netra T20 DC Power Supply

Shirker shirker at mooli.org.uk
Sun Jan 27 10:35:41 CST 2008

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2008, at 8:09 PM, Zach Lowry wrote:
>
>> The thought occurred to me, but I'd have no idea where to begin. My
>> grandfather was the electrically minded one. I'm the Computer
>> Scientist, and dad's the Physicist, so we're pretty much up the creek.
>>
>> Maybe I can find a UPS unit with both AC and DC output. Seems
>> doubtful.
>
> I have several UPSonic UPSes that output 48VDC only, take in 120VAC.
> They are heavy buggers to ship, even if I remove the batteries.  The
> inverter/transformer and the heavy metal case make it tough to ship.

Out of interest, I've got a (just shy of) 12kW -48VDC rackmount PSU that
needs to find a new home pronto, if anyone's interested. It's a Compaq and
is (ISTR) 3U. It contains 4 removable PSU units, has two DC outs and takes
two mains inputs (big blue round CEE plugs). It has what appear to be
10[0]base-T Ethernet sockets on the back (remote monitoring?). It's
*heavy*.

Located in West Yorkshire, UK. You can have it for free, if you come and
get it. If anyone wants it shipped, I'll do it, but you'd have to pay to
have a wooden crate made I think, and shipping won't be cheap.

Sorry, I don't remember the model number offhand.

Ed.