[rescue] AS/400? Anyone?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Jan 21 14:55:37 CST 2008

Michael C. Vergallen wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:50:21 -0500
> Dan Sikorski <me at dansikorski.com> wrote:
>

>> Michael C. Vergallen wrote:
>>
>>> Yep that's the dutch version of cat's piss....If you really want to
>>> try a decent beer try a Delirium ( Beer at 15 % alcohol)...
>>>

>> Delirium Tremens, one of my all time favorites.  Fantastic stuff.
>>
>> As far as high alcohol content goes, see also:  Avery Brewing's "The
>> Beast" at 18.2% and of course Sam Adam's "Utopias" at 20% (and
>> $100-200 for a "bottle").
>>

> Never had a chance to try "Utopias" or "The Beast" Beer. They don't
> export it to Europe...pity cause I like to try all kinds of strong and
> different beers... I bet that it would go down like a storm here in
> Belgium where we have a taste for good beer. I know a couple of
> places in Ghent where you can try a different beer every day of the
> year and you would not get to the end of the beer list.

I've not actually tasted Utopias yet.  It is not carbonated, so many of
the reviews i've read online and in magazines liken it to a liquor, even
though it is brewed like beer.  I have a bottle of the 2003 that is
waiting for some sort of celebration.  It's aging in a cool dark place
along with my Stone Vertical Epic collection*.  The Beast is actually
not as foul tasting as most expect.  It's a dark beer along the lines of
a stout, and has a lot of alcohol taste, but i didn't find it as
overbearing as i expected to.

Being from Belgium, I'd be more interested in your beer tastes!  I've
had many Belgian beers, but i would be interested in what is considered
the best beers by someone who lives there.  Oh, and i just need to know,
is Manneken Pis any good? :)

    -Dan Sikorski