[rescue] Solaris 10 graphics card swap

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 15 22:49:29 CST 2008

>From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
>Date: 2008/01/15 Tue PM 10:33:41 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [rescue] Solaris 10 graphics card swap

>When I installed, I did the complete install with all OEM extras.
>
>Now I want to switch from a raptor64 card to a Sun card (forget the
>Sun name, but it says wildcat on it).  I know I wouldn't have to do a
>reinstall, but is it really so simple as to just swap cards and see
>the new card work?

Assuming a boot -r was done, you might see a message along the lines of "X11
could not start, driver for framebuffer not found" I've gotten this when I
changed framebuffers (last one i recall was putting a Creator in a system
built with a TGX (and was an OS+OEM install, IIRC))

I'm about to upgrade an SB1000 to an XV-1000, but I plan on doing a complete
reinstall of the OS...

Lionel