[rescue] E4500+Qlogic QLA2202F not seeing luns on Sun T3...

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Jan 11 09:37:46 CST 2008

Has anybody run into this?

What happened is that $work had two of the 181gb FC-AL drives fail in the
T3,
replaced them, couldn't see them due to firmware mis-match between the
new drives and the old ones, and now can't see any LUNs at all after Sun
fixed the firmware issues.

Anybody have some ideas on what to check?  I can provide screenshots and
relevant config files off-list as needed.  It's running Solaris but I can't
recall what version.

There's an open ticket on this one with Sun but they are supposedly
completely stumped.  QLogic of course wants to blame the age of the
controller. :-/

Anybody care to give me a pointer in the right direction?  I'm doing
research now and waiting for data from other sources but as yet haven't
heard anything.

As usual this thing was working fine before and now it's not.

Mike Hebel
--
"I'm the voice in your head, I'm the cuckoo beside you, the angel you
dread, and the demon inside you..." - Fly Little Bird, Seanan McGuire