[rescue] Interactive Unix questions

Walter Belgers walter+rescue at belgers.com
Thu Jan 10 01:43:49 CST 2008

On Jan 10, 2008, at 4:23, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> I have genuine Interactive Unix 4.1 Base Solution (1-2 user).

Cool.

> Anyone out there got any Interactive Unix in their OS collections, or
> any of the add on products/packages/etc ?

I have almost every OS in my collection ;-)

I have an original Interactive UNIX box set, when it was not yet
bought by Sun. I also have copies of Interactive UNIX 4.0 and 4.1.

These is the contents: (note the absence of X11 stuff)

Interactive UNIX 2.0:

These files are images of 5.25" floppies, made by Walter Belgers,
<walter at giga.nl> of InterActive ("a KODAK company") 386/ix UNIX.

They contain copyrighted material.

BOX 1: VPix_Environment #408404

         VP/ix Environment VERSION 2.0
         1) Core and MS-DOS - Unlimited Users 1 of 2
         2) Core and MS-DOS - Unlimited Users 2 of 2
         3) Configuration 1 of 1

BOX 2:  386/ix Application/Development Platform
         1-2 Users 'UPGRADE ONLY'  #405308
[contains several subboxes]

386/ix Software Development System
         sw_dvpt_system: (7 disks)
                 VERSION 2.0
                 386/ix Product Family
                 386/ix Software Development System
         sw_integration_tools_1of1:
                 VERSION 2.0
                 386/ix Product Family
                 Software Integration Tools 1 of 1

386/ix Operating System 1-2 Users #405552 'UPGRADE ONLY'
         os_boot
                 VERSION 2.0.1
                 386/ix Operating System
                 Boot - 1-2 Users 1 of 1
         os_core (4 disks)
                 VERSION 2.0
                 386/ix Operating System
                 Core
         os_network (2 disks)
                 VERSION 2.0
                 386/ix Operating System
                 Basic Networking
         os_file_mgt
                 VERSION 2.0
                 386/ix Operating System

SunSoft interactive unix 4.0:

SunSoft
INTERACTIVE UNIX Operating System
Version 4.0

b1 - Boot/Install
b2 - Boot Loadable Drivers
c1 - Core 1
c2 - Core 2
c3 - Core 3
c4 - Core 4

f1 - File Management/Kernel Configuration 1
f2 - File Management/Kernel Configuration 2
f2 - File Management/Kernel Configuration 3

s1 - Spell Utilities/Help Utilities/Terminal Utilities 1
s2 - STREAMS Facilities/XENIX File System Package/2 Kilobyte File
      System Utility Package/VF File System/Additional Drivers 1

n1 - Basic Networking/High Sierra File System 1
n2 - Network Drivers 1
n3 - Network Drivers 2

u1 - User Manual Entries 1
t1 - TEN/PLUS Environment 1
m1 - Maintenance Update 1

i1 - International Supplement 1
i2 - International Supplement 2
i3 - International Contributed Software 1

SunSoft INTERACTIVE UNIX Operating System Version 4.1
(c)1994 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
(c)1984, 1986-1988 AT&T Corporation.
(c)1987-1988 Microsoft Corporation.

File list:
----------
core1.img               Core 1 of 2
core2.img               Core 2 of 2
fmkc1.img               File Management/Kernel Configuration 1 of 2
fmkc2.img               File Management/Kernel Configuration 2 of 2
man1.img                User's Manual Entries 1 of 2
man2.img                User's Manual Entries 2 of 2
ten1.img                TEN/PLUS Environment 1
netdrv1.img             Network Drivers 1
netbas1.img             Baisc Networking (uucp and Sendmail)
                         High Sierra File System 1
lpripx1.img             Berkeley Line Printer Spooler (lpr) System
                         System V lp System
                         Ipx/spx protocol 1
txt1.img                Spell Utilities/Help Utilities/Terminal
Utilities 1
misc1.img               STREAMS Facilities
                         Xenix File System Package
                         VF File Systems / Adidtional drivers 1

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pkcs7-
signature which had a name of smime.p7s]