[rescue] Poweredge 2650 fans?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Jan 9 07:11:27 CST 2008

>From: Andrew Jones <ascii.letter at gmail.com>
>Date: 2008/01/07 Mon AM 08:59:28 CST
>To: rescue at sunhelp.org
>Subject: Re: [rescue] Poweredge 2650 fans?

>Ebay prices on 2650 fans look pretty reasonable to me.  If that doesn't
>pan out, though, I've had good luck finding new-old-stock Dell parts at
>"Merrill Technologies".   They can actually find the Dell SKU for you
>over the phone.
>
>On older hardware, Dell spares usually has the parts, but won't sell
>them to you.  PE 2650s are still under warranty for a few customers.
>The catch is that they're so old, they're probably really low-stock on
>parts, which means that all of them will be reserved for warranty repair.

geeks.com has Dell 2650 server refurbs for $780:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PWREDGE-2650-28-R&cat=SYS

and "white box" Xeon server for under $400:

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=WSYS147-R&cat=SYS

(This server is sort of interesting, in that it could make a very interesting
box with over 100 Gigs of SCSI storage, dual NICs (10/100 and 10/100/1000),
and even a 56K modem!)

But then again, it is geeks.com... Thought some might be interested based on
recent Dell server discussions here.

Lionel