[rescue] Wanted: Cisco Catalyst 5000 Power supply

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Tue Dec 9 22:03:49 CST 2008

Steve Hatle wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm looking for a power supply for a Cisco Cat 5000. The fan has gone out on
> one of the two in my chassis, and while it still seems to be functioning OK,
> I guess I should probably replace it. I guess I could try and crack it open
> and just replace the fan- don't know how hard that would be...

I've replaced the fan in one of the power supplies in my cat5k.  It's a
standard (40mm, iirc) fan and very easy to replace.  I looked up the
specs on the one that was in there, and got a similar fan in terms of
power use, airflow, etc., but that is probably not necessary.  Actually,
the other PS in mine is noisy now and i need to replace it's fan as
well, or maybe it's the same one, i don't know. :)

    -Dan Sikorski