[rescue] Linux FSs

Saquinn624 at aol.com Saquinn624 at aol.com
Thu Dec 4 17:46:34 CST 2008

All the recent talk about IRIX vs Linux (specifically the XFS part) got me
wondering about the various filesystems for Linux, and it doesn't look like
there's much recent information in the wild about how the various options compare
in real life (also I'm not quite technically into it enough to figure out some
of the bits).
So: it looks like XFS is probably not the best option, so that seems to leave
JFS and possibly AdvFS in the running for high-performance filesystems (at
least until (and if) ZFS makes it into Linux).

What does the list think?