[rescue] Parallel ports [was Re: Slightly OT: ?Bad Cap Saga]

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Sat Aug 23 01:01:03 CDT 2008

> Time for a print server:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006B9HK
>
> I've used it with an older HP LaserJet 2100 - worked great, incl. Mac and
> Solaris clients. Then I got a printer with a built-in JetDirect card.

That's all dandy but I just want a cable (adapter) for my Powerbook that can just plug into an older printer with parallel connector (cause that's all we have at school) and print stuff out.  The "techs" have to "modify" you machine to allow it on the network and can't even spell Apple much less know what to do with it.  There's a few older printers around here I'd like to use too.

Bob